Problem with Ubuntu Gnome 12.10

Lance lbsolost at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 21 19:26:58 UTC 2013

Sorry to take so long getting back to this.

The closest thing I have to test with VGA-wise is my Intel 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics (aka: i945) and I'm fine until I install 'cinnamon' from the Raring repos.

You have to understand that Cinnamon hacked the Mutter window manager creating "Muffin" which seems to change some of the configuration files so I'd want to know for sure that having added 'cinnamon' to your installation didn't cause the problem.

The closest thing I could find "googling" was:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/8334/trying-to-use-gnome-shell-but-it-will-not-work

And the second to the last comment says, "I fixed it by re-installing ubuntu... makes me wonder if I got rid of something it depended on by accident..".

So I'd really want to know that we're working with a fresh install :^)

Lance