Latest packages in gnome3-team/gnome3 PPA

Fran Dieguez listas at mabishu.com
Thu Mar 21 01:12:34 UTC 2013

Hi,

GNOME 3.8 release date is just around the corner and it will be fully of
new things. This afternoon I have installed Ubuntu-GNOME in my laptop
and all is running well.

BTW, I've added the gnome3-team/gnome3 PPA to get the latest versions
for the GNOME environment. But I can see that in this stable PPA are not
included some interesting versions, like gnome-control-center 3.7.91,
gnome-contacts 3.7.90 and some more.

I know that I can get all of them from the gnome3-team/gnome3-staging
PPA, but in the past while using this PPA my system became unstable at
some point. I think because this PPA, even after GNOME is released, gets
the development version of the GNOME applications.

So, I wondering if those 3.8 versions will be included in the "stable"
PPA for enjoying the full 3.8 GNOME desktop. With the actual setup
gnome-shell has links to the notifications panel but as
gnome-control-center is an outdated version this doesn't work.
The current g-c-c doesn't allows me to add new printers, and I can't
access to the "Brightness & Lock" panel.

Regards,

Fran

--
Fran Dieguez