gnome-boxes and dependencies

Timo Kluck tkluck at infty.nl
Fri Mar 8 03:35:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

The gnome3 update to tracket 0.15 broke gnome-boxes. If I diagnosed it
correctly, it links to tracker-sparql, which breaks on a gschema
change between tracker versions 0.14 and 0.15.

I've got it working again from /usr/local, but I'm now also trying to
package it. The results are in my ppa:
ppa:tkluck/gnome3. I think libvirt-glib and libosinfo are okay as they
are now: the sonames have remained the same, so it's a relatively
simple package update. I'm not entirely sure about the
debian/{pkgname}.symbol files, though. I updated all package
dependencies in debian/control with the versions from the configure.ac
scripts.

I'm not sure about the gnome-boxes package yet. I think I linked it to
tracker-sparql-0.16 locally, but I don't think I changed that in the
package yet.

Please feel free to use them. Don't forget to change the versioning
scheme: I now see that I forgot to append ~ppa1 or ~tkluck1 or
something.

By the way: does the Ubuntu Gnome / Gubuntu team have a good place for
reporting bugs yet? If I report one on launchpad, can I specify that
it applies to ppa versions?

Best regards, Timo