Rhythmbox and GNOME animations

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 10:54:54 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 4:20 AM, Renê Barbosa <renebarbosafl at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello folks,

Hello Rene,

I am sorry that you didn't receive any reply in 13 days!!!
For me, I was without internet for 8 days but since you sent to the mailing
list, I am sure you expected some replies from more than one member :)

But, just to avoid that in the future, I'd suggest to have a look at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/ContactUs#Ask_for_Help_.26_Support

These are the main support channels where you can first of all, search for
similar issues and if nothing found, you can post a new Q, Thread, email,
or Live Chat on IRC.

There is also: www.googlubuntu.com

> Someone here is experiencing lags on GNOME animations when Rhythmbox is
> open? I can work normally with several (8 or more) applications without any
> lags on GNOME animations but if i have 1 only application (like Firefox)
> and Rhythmbox these animations are not smooth.
>
> I searched for bugs or something like that and didn't found anything then
> i wanted to send that message for you guys.
>
> Packages:
>
> ii  gnome-shell                           3.8.4-0ubuntu5
>    amd64        graphical shell for the GNOME desktop
> ii  rhythmbox                             2.99.1-0ubuntu1
>     amd64        music player and organizer for GNOME
>
> Not sure if version of any other package needs to be checked.
> I am using Ubuntu GNOME 13.10.
>
> Atenciosamente,
>
> *Renê Barbosa de Figueirêdo Lima*
> Website: http://renebarbosa.com/
> Skype: renebarbosafl

I personally never use Rhythmbox but I was wondering what do you mean by:
"GNOME animations" ???
I am afraid I didn't really understand what you mean?!

Thank you!