[Artwork] Ubiquity Slideshow discussion.
aldomann.designs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 11:11:29 UTC 2013
As you offered your help on the process of updating our *ubiquity-slideshow*,
here I have some requests, and some stuff I want to discuss on.
First, what do you think about these slides:
1. Welcome screen (as seen on Ubuntu).
2. Desktop features (an overview of GNOME Shell) [not sure if necessary,
but I really like the way Xubutu show their desktop elements and I thought
we could somehow do the same].
3. Web browsing (as seen on Ubuntu).
4. Online accounts (I think this is a must-have).
5. Office applications (showing LibreOffice and [GNOME] Documents).
6. Media (music and videos).
7. Photos (as seen on Ubuntu).
8. More apps (showing the Ubuntu Software Centre [correct me if I'm
wrong, but it's installed by default, isn't it?]).
9. Accessibility (not sure about this one, but I think the work done by
the GNOME Desktop team is really impressive in this aspect and lots of
users will thank it [also, it's not a feature that's discoverable by first
sight, so it'd be nice to show it in here].
10. Get help. Links to askubutu, the IRC channel, the wiki and similar
In order to get these slides I looked into the features the other desktops
promote the most on their slides and also what features are shown on their
respective websites. I think the slides are quite illustrative of what the
user shall expect from their desktop experience.
Now, in another matter, I need some info about the defaults... What is the
title bar button distribution? I'm not sure if *:close* or *
PS. I will probably need your help on writing the descriptions of each
slide. As soon as I have everything structured I will give you a touch.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ubuntu-GNOME