Virtual Box installation of 13.10

Efstathios Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr) iefstathios at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 15:14:35 UTC 2013

Στις 19/08/2013 05:55 μμ, ο/η Ali Linx (amjjawad) έγραψε:

> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 6:52 PM, Efstathios Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr)
> <iefstathios at gmail.com <mailto:iefstathios at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     I'm tryint to install SS 13.10 on Virtual Box.
>     The first screen I get is kernel requires pae.
>     Do you know how to overcome this problem and install 13.10?
>     Thanks
>     Stathis
>

> Hi,
>
> Could you please provide more details?
> What daily build of Ubuntu GNOME are you trying to test?
> What type of Virtual Machine are you using? what version?
>
> --
> *Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
> *Best Regards,
> amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad> - StartUbuntu Project
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/CommunicationsTeam/WOWLubuntu/StartUbuntu> -
> Linux Brainstorming
> <https://www.facebook.com/groups/352004991569676/> - Mubuntu
> <http://amjjawad.blogspot.com/2013/07/draft-mubuntu-simple-minimal-system.html>
>
> Lubuntu <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu> - Ubuntu GNOME
> <http://ubuntugnome.org/> - Xubuntu <http://xubuntu.org/> - Peppermint
> <http://peppermintos.com/about/>

Hello,

First of all, I got the ISO from the address
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-gnome/daily-live/current/

My virtual box is 4.2.16.r86992

Got reply from Evandro Oliveira:
1. Instal VBox extension pack
2. On config's > system > processor
    Check the box that says "Enable PAE/NX"
Of course, your real processor must support it.

3. Optional - install "dkms" package (on host machine)

The Vbox started. I'll try to install it and I'll be back if I have any
other issues.

Thanks for the fast reply.
Have phun,
Stathis

--
http://about.me/iosifidis
http://eiosifidis.blogspot.gr    http://blogs.gnome.org/eiosifidis

Great leaders don't tell you what to do...They show you how it's done.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts...absolutely.