Partition editor in install not working as expected

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 14:00:47 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 5:48 PM, microsoft_blows at comcast.net <
microsoft_blows at comcast.net> wrote:

>  I believe you're correct. Same situation.
>

> On 08/03/2013 09:44 AM, Tim wrote:
>
> Sounds like it might be this bug:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1204765
>
> Tim
>
> On 03/08/13 23:28, microsoft_blows at comcast.net wrote:
>
> Ran in VM. No problems.
>
> Tried to install on a pc along side 12.04.2, partition screen doesn't
> respond well. On the second attempt, I was able to move the partition, but
> the Continue and Back buttons stayed disabled. When mousing over the
> advanced partition manager, the cursor changed to the hand, but could not
> click. I erased the drive, and installed.
>
> HP-Compaq-dc5700-Small-Form-Factor
> Dual-Core P4
> 1GB RAM
> 320 GB SATA

If it is the same as the bug mentioned by Tim, please click on: This bug
affects 2 people. Does this bug affect
you?<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1204765/+affectsmetoo>

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1204765

As a workaround, IMHO, why not try "Something Else" or at least prepare
your partition 'before' installing?

One more Q:
What kind of methods you have followed?
Try Ubuntu GNOME without installation?
Install Ubuntu GNOME?

The more details, the better :)

I guess I need to write a test case/scenario so that everyone can follow.
Remember, if someone can NOT reproduce the same bug following the very same
steps you have done, it is SO hard to fix any bug :)

So, we need to agree to use a certain scenario to make life easier for
everyone ;)

--
*Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
*Best Regards,