Hello team !

Benoît Malet benoit.malet at gmail.com
Lun 12 Fév 15:32:59 UTC 2007

Hello French Translators,

The wiki page told me to post here in order to eventually become an Ubuntu
Translator. So I subscribed to this mailing list (I'm in digest mode, so my
reactivity might not be excellent, but my job wouldn't permit more) and post
this little "hello" to everyone !

Here is a little presentation for myself: I'm Benoît Malet, 27 year old from
Belgium. I'm a chemical engineer, I like compter stuff (as if you couldn't
tell :p) and I'm a C++ self-learning beginner. I've used Linux for 7 years,
but never got involved ... I think it's a good time to start with it ;).

I would like to become a translator, just because I would like to do my part
in the Free Software world. I don't think I need a lot more of an
explanation for my motivation ;) ... I would like to focus on translations
for packets not already translated (those few percents remaining) ... I
already posted some propositions in Rosetta for dpkg and kubuntu-doc ... I
don't think I can be a major part of the team due to lack of time, but I
think I can contribute on a regular basis.

My French skills are quite OK, good spelling, good vacbulary, too ... I
discovered the traduc.org tool just seconds ago and it's already in my
bookmarks, I'm willing to make a good job !

As I don't really know what to tell, I think I'll just quit here !

Have a nice evening !

Benoît