[Ubuntu-eg] Robotics

Karim Fayez karim.fayez at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 01:24:49 UTC 2011

This is an intro about the project by the founder Mohamed el Rafie:
"CORD is a social enterprise incubated by Nahdet AlMahrousa aiming to seed
commercialized science concept. The CompetitionOfRobotDesign started on 2007
as a student activity evolving into a social business now using 5 profitable
and non-profitable approaches. Smart entertainment & technology awareness
activities are our missions to reach the Commercialized science Aim. CORD
has four profitable arms; Advertising solutions through robot's and dynamic
interactive devices, training for kids and adults; the kids section is aimed
to induce more productive and resourceful mindsets for the participants
through the experience of building a small robot out of nothing, and for
adults; the training is mainly based on teaching interpersonal skills
through the perfect experience of building a robot while working in a team
in one day. the 3rd Arm would be the technology events which is done by
involving the public in simple open sessions and then let them build their
own dreams in realities using motivational techniques and goals. the final
profitable Arm is the production part; it involves two main products as a
start; mechatronic games to be used in game rooms and robot kits to be used
in our training and to be sold for the public with online support. in brief,
the non-profitable arm involves many volunteering based activities however;
three of them rises above all; An Annual Open competition for robot building
raising the concept of robot building sports, Robo-Academies founded in many
engineering campuses and "Best thing out of nothing" project aimed to under
privileged kids. As CORD started from a volunteer's dream so, we give
special attention to the non-profitable arm of the CORDian dream as it's
also where we find the innovative minds that keeps us moving and where we
publicize for our work. "

I am very passionate myself about this project and we are doing our best to
make it one of a kind and would like to see this partnership in reality soon
if the team found it beneficial.

Regards;
Karim Fayez
+20122202526