[Ubuntu-eg] Robotics

Karim Fayez karim.fayez at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 01:17:56 UTC 2011

Dear all;
This issue is a very interesting one.
There is a company called CORD "Competition Of Robot Design" that I am a
consulting partner in and its founder is passionate about ubuntu too. Will
send a brief description of the project in this thread and will add it to
tomorrow's meeting.
I was thinking of forming some form of partnership between Ubuntu-eg and
CORD in the following ways:
1- developing Linux embedded systems under FLOSS for their robots and be
considered as a software provider or developer which will give us more
exposure and publicize FLOSS and open source as an open learning project.
2- participating in their projects directed towards kids to direct young
generations towards Linux and open source.
3- having a team with the name of Ubuntu-eg in their competitions which will
lead to more exposure and media coverage that we need.
4- we get a free chance to enhance our skills in that sector of robotics and
thus have the ability to offer wider range of solutions and gaining more
knowledge and experience while doing what we are passionate about.

We might have weakness in the hardware knowledge but I got that point
settled already with CORD.

please share your ideas and more ways to maximize the mutual gains we can
get from this partnership. Waiting for a big discussion about the subject
here and in the meeting isA.
Have a good night.

Best regards;
Karim Fayez