FW: My Ubuntu presentation

Sherif El Hamalawy hamalawy at gmail.com
Fri May 27 23:31:05 UTC 2011

Greetings everyone,

my name is Sherief, i've been an Ubuntu user since 6.04, but not the
original one, it was a customized one to be used on CNC machines to write
and compile CNC which is the G code and M code language, it's very similar
to HPGL. at that time i was only interested in the application itself, but
as time passed by i tended more to networking and interconnectivity. now i
work as a core network provisioning engineer. i'm using Ubuntu 11.04 (
naturally!) ..

through those years, I've tried to convert people to use ubuntu, as i have
found it as a very powerful, transparent and complicated all combined into
one entity. some of them converted for a while and others didn't even like
the idea of using this alien thing called ( leenox) or (leonix) as they like
to know it. but every one of them had a very good reason to not use Linux.
let me demonstrate some of them.

1- it's Linux ...
2- can it run my games and applications
3- formatting or partitioning the hard-drive headache
4- it's very complicated ( well, let's say they've been programmed to use
the start menu and they can't get the idea of even using the " begin "
button! )
5- compatibility issues ( specially with laptops )
6- what if something broke up? ahhhhhhhhhh
7- the mysterious command line interface ( i'm pretty sure they as windows
users don't even know what the cmd does or even exist in the first place
8- theyi don't care about the f**king GPL or free software ( they get
windows for free, and everything else )

so, what can be done to promote linux to un-nerdy non-geeky damn-illiterate
windows users?

i have some ideas, because as bill gate$ said it before, whoever dominates
the desktop, will dominated the servers and sequentially will dominate the
market leading to the culture of ( PC = WINDOW$)

i'm glad that i'm sharing my humble experience and thoughts with you guys,
and i'll be more than happy if we can discuss the ads and cons of linux and
windows and work on solving these issues from the home user prespective.

Regards,

Sherief

2011/5/27 ahmed adel <ahmedalngm_e at hotmail.com>

>  thx ya @ahmed  we isA tkon mofeda :D

> ------------------------------
> Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 13:24:07 -0700
> From: alnegm_2099 at yahoo.com
> Subject: My Ubuntu presentation
> To: ubuntu-eg at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've made a presentation about Ubuntu. I made it for my Test and I want to
> share it with you.
>
> This is the Link:
> http://www.slideshare.net/amamdooh/what-is-ubuntu-presentation
> *

Regards,

Sherief EL Hamalawy

*
*
*"If you are thinking a year ahead, sow a seed. *
*If you are thinking ten years ahead, plant a tree.
If you are thinking one hundred years ahead, educate the people."*