problem with permissions

osama mongy osama.op at gmail.com
Mon May 2 11:07:37 UTC 2011

hey guys I'm using windows7 , ubuntu10.04,mac osx  triple boot on my labtop
I tried to give excution permission to the installation script file  of
matlabR2009 for unix on the windows7 file system partition which is NTFS
format
and it worked I don know wheather I'm lucky or what :)

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 1:55 AM, Amahdy AbdElAziz <amahdy7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> NTFS is a windows files system and as Toulan said, you won't be able to
> change its execusion permission. from man:

> Execute permission. If this is off, you cannot execute the file. The
> extended FAT and NTFS file systems ignore this permission since they
> consider all files executable.
>

> -- Amahdy AbdElAziz
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/amahdyabdelaziz
>

> On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 02:49, Tarek Abdul-Kader <tarek.elywah at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> The file that refuse to be an executable on NTFS partition and I opened it
>> with double click and I don't know what is the Mount option that work with
>>
>> Should I mount it with certain option from the Terminal to be able to
>> change file permissions on it ?
>>
>> --

*
*
*OSAMA MONGY*
*
*
*- GSM testing and trouble shooting Engineer , Ericsson Egypt*
*- Embedded Linux , control and automation systems development ,Dainalight*