Embedded Linux 2nd meeting

Islam Hassan eng.islam_hassan at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 9 23:56:16 UTC 2011

From: eng.mohamed.nour.eldin at gmail.com
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 18:05:52 +0300
Subject: Re: AW: Embedded Linux 2nd meeting
To: ubuntu-eg at lists.ubuntu.com

I'm sorry I can be with you on Fridays & Saturdays only because of my work.

About the sessions content, I think we'll go with Free-electrons' agenda, they give their sessions in 5 full-time days,so if our sessions will be 2 hours long, I think we may need about 10 or more sessions depending on what hardware platform we'll get, when we'll get it & what parts of the course we'll skip/focus on.

Next time en shaa' Allah, we'll make sure everybody is familiar with the command line, talk about the hardware platform related stuff & install the needed packages on our PC's. We may add/remove items according to time left.

I'll upload the books I have later as I'm facing some problems with my laptop's charger, but this's the main book you may need:Building Embedded Linux Systems http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596002220

About HW, this's the platform we worked on Mini2440 http://www.friendlyarm.net/products/mini2440& this's the one used by Free-electrons IGEPv2 http://www.igep.es/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=55

it's 134€ with WIFI & 115€ without WIFI http://shop.igep.es/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

Here's the wiki link for the first session: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EgyptTeam/Events/2011-07-08-EmbeddedLinuxSessionsHere's the loco event for the next session: http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/egyptlocoteam/1065/detail/
@Ahmed Mamdouh: Unfortunately, the meeting date can't be changed due to work and residence conditions of Mohamed Nour, Haitham El-Ghareeb and Samar Ali.