Edubuntu-thin client, setting selected users to show per client machine

Leena leena at itforchange.net
Sun Jul 24 12:31:58 UTC 2011

HI all,

I am using Edubuntu 11.04 for thin client setup in schools. It is
working great.
I have a small problem though and hoping to get help here.

I have one server where edubuntu is installed and 10 client machine from
where it can be accessed. In order for firefox etc to be used I have
created 10 different user on server so that they can log-in with resp.
username and password into separate client machine. Problem here is, on
all machines all the user lists show up at login screen, wondering can
it be restricted to only one user for that machine? e.g. user01 on 1st
client(login will show only this username and no other), then user02 on
second(login will show only this username and no other) and so on....

Much thanks,
--

-- *Leena Mulye*

Technical Project Associate
IT for Change
In special consultative status with the United Nations ECOSOC
www.ITforChange.net <http://www.ITforChange.net/>
Tel:+91-80-2665 4134, 2653 6890. Fax:+91-80-4146 1055
Have you heard about the free and open source softwareVisit
http://www.public-software.in/<http://www.public-software.in/>