Helping new users with setting up Edubuntu server
djgroos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 05:16:14 BST 2010
As I mentioned in a previous e-mail I really feel the need for maybe a
dozen, well-made, wiki pages that describe how to set up a basic but fully
functioning Edubuntu/LTSP Lucid server with the basic educational needs
addressed. Probably lots of this already exists--my goal is to update them
to Lucid AND perhaps most importantly, give them good visibility on
edubuntu.org so when a new person arrives there they are welcomed into our
community with a helpful and informational 'red carpet'.
Here are a couple of initial questions:
1. How do I get a link on the edubuntu page?
2. What is the official page on the edubuntu or ubuntu wiki for
installing Lucid (hopefully with info on installing LTSP).
3. Which wiki should I add/update this content, ubuntu or edubuntu?
4. What is the relationship between these wikis and what is the vision
for the edubuntu wiki?
5. I'm thinking I should start a 'specifications' wiki page on these
dozen pages, on edubuntu wiki, right? Name?
Thanks for your support,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ubuntu-education