Project on Human Organ Systems

David Groos djgroos at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 03:07:13 GMT 2010

Hi Ravi,

I'm currently thinking more about tools and methods though I wish I were to
the point of curriculum.  The reason why I'm so focused on tools and methods
still is that the tools one has really determine what can happen in the
class that is, really determines the potential for learning.  I want to get
the most powerful or better said most effective collaborative tools then
really focus on creating curricula.

A cool collaborative tool for classes of 7th graders through college aged
students is FLE4.  I've got it installed on a wordpress
server<http://fle4.uiah.fi/kb-wp-plugin/>.
I really recommend you looking into it if you are interested in students
learning by building knowledge as a class.  Progressive
inquiry<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Inquiry>is a
pedagogical model to implement knowledge building in class.  If you
are
interested, google FLE3 on which there is lots written.

What kind of access do students have to computers in the classrooms?  Again,
the quality of the access affects the possibilities of the classroom.  Let's
keep the discussion going!  What do others think about curriculum?  Of
course, no matter how collaborative etc one's tools are, without good
curriculum one has... not much :)  What are other people doing or what
curriculum have you seen that takes advantage of being able to have several
computers in a classroom?

David