[ec2] Is ec2 killing my Folding at home Tasks?

Eric Hammond ehammond at thinksome.com
Thu May 21 22:32:49 BST 2009

Jorge:

I don't have an answer for why the folding at home jobs are disappearing,
but I did run some folding at home on EC2 tests back in 2007:

http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=74
http://groups.google.com/group/foldingathome/browse_thread/thread/a9ac6e81397d1f83/19fad3a252b70fcd

After presenting the results to the folding at home community, the general
consensus at the time seemed to be that the folding at home software was
not optimized to perform well in the particular environment that EC2 was
providing.

It's possible that things have changed in the last 18 months with either
folding at home or with EC2 (c1 instance types?) so I'd be interested to
hear what results you do obtain if you get it to stay running.

--
Eric Hammond
ehammond at thinksome.com