[ec2-beta] EC2 AMI and API Tools

Gordon Tillman got at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 16 13:58:45 GMT 2009

Howdy Eric,

> Please make sure you are using the latest (beta2) version of the
> official Ubuntu beta images.  The beta1 images did not include the AMI
> tools.
>
>  http://ec2beta-ami.notlong.com
>
> The beta2 images do include the AMI tools version 1.3-31057 20071010.
> They are installed in the $PATH so you are able to use the the
> commands
> directly.

Thanks for the info.  I will check that out shortly.  For our online
application, most of the roles were built from the Alestic images as a
starting point and I now have just one machine online (and in
production) that was built from the Ubuntu betas.  But I will
definitely give it a look for the next one I put together.

--gordon