[ec2-beta] the ubuntu users home directory

Soren Hansen soren at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 10 16:31:36 GMT 2009

On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 09:25:37AM -0500, Michael Greenly wrote:
>> To which the answer seems to be "That means you're no longer using
>> Ubuntu the way it was intended. So why use Ubuntu in the first
>> place?"
> Only Ubuntu's users and contributors can determine how it's intended
> to be used

Indeed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you not making the argument
that we should do something differently from what said users and
contributors have decided long ago and are quite happy with?

> Honestly how many instances are running these AMIs for production
> purposes?

Hopefully none or perhaps very, very few. They're beta images.

--
Soren Hansen                 |
Lead Virtualisation Engineer | Ubuntu Server Team