[ec2-beta] tomcat-server task install failure

Eric Hammond ehammond at thinksome.com
Tue Mar 3 02:22:04 GMT 2009

Daryyl:

You are running ami-814aaee8 which is the old beta image and has a
number of issues that are resolved with the official beta2 images
released last week.  Please try out the latest beta image and submit
test results for that.

  http://ec2beta-ami.notlong.com

No matter which image you run, it is generally a good idea to start a
new instance with commands like:

  sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y

This gets you the latest bug fixes and security patches for Ubuntu that
have been released since the image was built.  It also updates your
local list of what software versions are available in the repository.

--
Eric Hammond
ehammond at thinksome.com