[ec2-beta] Running alestic images with ubuntu-beta kernel?

Eric Hammond ehammond at thinksome.com
Fri Feb 13 23:41:42 GMT 2009

Simon:

This worked for me:

  ec2-run-instances        \
    --key KEYPAIR          \
    --kernel aki-af14f0c6  \
    --ramdisk ari-ac14f0c5 \
    ami-1a5db973

I was also able to rebundle and run the new AMI.

You don't need the kernel modules just to boot, but those could be added.

For folks reading this in the archives, note that all ids in the above
command line are likely to be out of date.  Please use the latest
appropriate AMI, AKI, ARI.

--
Eric Hammond
ehammond at thinksome.com