[ec2-beta] Cost??

Nick Barcet nick.barcet at canonical.com
Thu Feb 12 10:04:16 GMT 2009

On 02/11/2009 10:05 PM, Charles Cihacek wrote:
> It was unclear in the FAQ if i will be charged anything for being in
> this program.  So i was wondering if I will be chrged anything by you
> guys at Ubuntu or by Amazon?

There is absolutely nothing charged or gained by Canonical for the
Ubuntu on EC2 beta. As stated on [1], "Amazon will charge you for your
usage of their AWS services completely independently of Ubuntu.", which
means that you should look at [2] to know the costs they will charge.

If you have any suggestions on how to improve the FAQ [3] so that the
statement is clearer, you would be very welcome.

Note that Dustin Kirkland has recently added a functionality to
screen-profiles [4] that will display an estimate of the cost for the
current machine it is working on.

[1] http://www.ubuntu.com/ec2
[2] http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/#pricing
[3] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EC2FAQ