[ec2] Can't contact instance

Eric Hammond ehammond at thinksome.com
Tue Aug 4 23:23:05 BST 2009

Tom:

I had, perhaps incorrectly, assumed you built your AMI by rebundling a
running instance of a public AMI.

Did you build your AMI from scratch using vmbuilder,
ec2ubuntu-build-ami, or by hand?

There are various EC2 specific boot tasks that need to be taken care of
without which you cannot connect to the instance.

--
Eric Hammond
ehammond at thinksome.com