FWD: New Page proposed to highlight Ubuntu's modifications to GNOME

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at ubuntu.com
Tue May 3 10:31:39 UTC 2022

Hi Jon,

On 2022-05-03 04:05, Jon Duncan wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've submitted the following merge proposal for a new page to be
> added to ubuntu-docs.
> This page is intended to describe Ubuntu's modifications to GNOME.
> Currently this is a short list of the items I felt were the most
> significant modifications per @jbicha on the following discourse
> thread:
>
> https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/compiling-a-list-of-modifications-from-vanilla-gnome-for-the-documentation-team/27335
>
> I am open to suggestions and discussion about adding this new page.
> Do we think a new page is a good way to go about documenting these
> modifications?  Should we include other items, or links?
>
> This is also my first merge proposal on the documentation team, so
> please let me know if I've done something incorrectly or outside of
> the convention that's expected from the documentation team.

<snip>

>> https://code.launchpad.net/~nmath/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+git/ubuntu-docs/+merge/421115

I'm really glad to see your first merge proposal, and look forward to
discuss the contents, links, etc.

But before doing that, I'd like to ask you to correct a mistake: You
submitted it against the wrong target branch.

In the "Getting started with the desktop guide" thread I wrote:

> You will probably need to correct the "Target Git branch" info into:
>
> Repository: ~ubuntu-core-doc/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+git/ubuntu-docs
> Branch:     master
>
> Then click the "Propose Merge" button.

So can you please create a new MP, where you make those changes before
submitting. Then we can close the old MP and use the new one as the
starting point.

--
Cheers,

Gunnar Hjalmarsson