Update to https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RenameUSBDrive

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 4 08:50:20 UTC 2018

On 2018-04-04 10:20, Reuben Thomas wrote:
> (This page seems to be immutable, though I am logged in.)

You need to join the LP team ~ubuntu-wiki-editors.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WikiGuide#Contributing

My advice would be that you apply, ping an administrator (since the
queue of applicants is long), and refer to this thread.

> This page:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RenameUSBDrive
>
> Says:
>
> The file manager (Nautilus) currently does not support renaming disk
> partitions
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/68924/>
>
> ‚ÄčThis is no longer true, so that text could be changed; I guess for
> many users, using Nautilus will be the easiest way to rename a drive.
> (Strictly speaking, Nautilus lets you rename file systems, not
> partitions, but the page is about renaming USB drives, for which this
> is what you probably want.)‚Äč

So strictly speaking the statement is not untrue, right?

But I see your point, and it would be great if you could improve the
page once you have permission to do it.

Thanks!

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson