Fuzzy translations

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 9 11:14:52 UTC 2017

Hi Hannie,

On 2017-03-09 09:35, Hannie Dumoleyn wrote:
> Although the documentation string freeze will be on March 16th, I
> already want to start translating untranslated strings here: [1].

Great. I'm going to start the Swedish translation soon. Please note that
there will be a few more new/changed strings which land at doc string
freeze on March 16.

> In this version (Zesty) I noticed that there are untranslated strings
> which were translated in a previous version. Example: string
> #112=untranslated, but it is translated in 16.04 version.

Well, there was a tiny change of that string, which explains it. The
translation was not dropped arbitrarily.

> Before I start merging these versions manually and upload them to
> Launchpad,

Since the strings are not identical, I'm not sure I understand how
merging would help.

> I would like to know if there is another way to get fuzzy
> translations in a newer version based on an older one.

If you download the zesty PO file, you see a lot of fuzzy translations
at the bottom of the file - including the string which starts with "A
small web user interface".

Unfortunately the fuzzy translations are not shown in the LP web interface.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj