ubuntu-docs or gnome-user-docs for Ubuntu 17.10?

Chris Perry clissold345 at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 24 09:32:08 UTC 2017

Gunnar wrote: "That has made it almost impossible to make content
adjustments of the [Ubuntu] desktop guide for stable releases".

I think this is an important point. Because content adjustments were
almost impossible it meant that each release was stuck with desktop
help that had to be completed while the release was still in beta. (Eg
we couldn't update the 16.04 LTS desktop help to correct errors.) In
my opinion this pretty much guarantees that the quality of the desktop
help (for a given release) won't be very good. So yes making it
possible to make content adjustments to the desktop help (for a given
release) would be a big improvement (in fact I'd say it's essential
for good-quality help, assuming Ubuntu continues to provide Long Term
Support (LTS) releases).