Lost pages on the wikis

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at ubuntu.com
Sat May 7 22:14:50 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-07 22:29, Elizabeth K. Joseph wrote:
> Spammers have found back doors to the team we allow edit access for
> and they're inundating various teams with join requests.

I declined an application to ~ubuntu-doc-contributors today. Noticed
that the Launchpad account had been created today, and it had already
joined a lot of teams.

~ubuntu-doc-contributors does not give you access to anything; it's
accidentally moderated. Still don't want to see spammers in the members
list.

> 2. I've opened up ticket 28486 with Canonical IS because we've been
> losing wiki pages. Currently our landing page for
> help.ubuntu.com/community/ is gone, which someone joined #ubuntu-doc
> to tell us about. So is wiki.ubuntu.com/NewsTeam which is the
> landing page for the Ubuntu News team,

Then it's deliberate sabotage, so we'd better stop referring to them as
"spammers"; they are scoundrels.

> I'm hoping Canonical IS can retrieve these pages from the file
> system,

I hope so too. Earlier today I spent a couple of hours on a page in the
community help wiki, and I just saved a local copy in case the current
help wiki will be replaced with a backup.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj