[desktop] Details about the 16.04 news

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 16 12:22:34 UTC 2016

Hi Nio, and thanks for the proposal!

On 2016-03-16 12:18, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> I would like to add one new item to the documents about Ubuntu 16.04
> LTS:
>
> The Startup Disk Creator (alias usb-creator-gtk) is revamped into a
> cloning device. It makes it reliable :-)
>
> But it means some drawbacks too.

Actually there is nothing in the desktop docs about installing Ubuntu.
The logic, AFAICT, is that Ubuntu Help is available via an item in the
system menu from within a session, and at that stage installation help
has been considered too late.

The first thing I come to think of which should be modified, due to what
you just let us know, is this page:

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-ubuntu

However, that page is maintained by Canonical, and is beyond the control
of the docs team. One way to call their attention to it is to submit a
rt ticket.

https://rt.ubuntu.com/

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson