[desktop] Details about the 16.04 news

Doug Smythies dsmythies at telus.net
Tue Mar 15 23:26:35 UTC 2016

Hi Gunnar, thanks for your reply.

On 2106.03.15 15:49 Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:

> It seems to be apturl. From 'man apturl':

Yes, that seems to be it.
It is not going to change the MP I just submitted though.
Why not? Because I am fed up with this stuff.

> So app-cheese.page should be changed.

I changed it already on my just submitted MP.

> It's possible to tell Firefox to use AptURL for
> "apt:" links, and that way activate the apturl dialog automatically also
> when clicking an "apt:" link from the browser.

NO! (<- just to be clear and unambiguous about my opinion)

The html helps pages need to work from any browser capable OS,
not just Ubuntu Linux.

Even though obsolete, the web pages are useful.

> But let's talk more about this after Thursday.

O.K.

... Doug