Current wiki access status

Paul White paulw2u at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 21 15:54:58 UTC 2016

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016, at 10:47, Chris Perry wrote:

> Hi Lyz, the fact that ubuntu-wiki-editors is now working is in danger
> of getting lost in this thread. Can we repeat the announcement in its
> own thread? Then the announcement will be easier to find in a month,
> or six months for anyone interested. I'm willing to post an
> announcement if you have no objection. Regards, Chris.

I think the *revised* requirements for editing the wiki require more
than an email to this list. Many wiki contributors may not subscribe to
mailing lists. We need to reach out to all contributors especially those
that merely want to update their personal wiki page.

One of the requirements of securing an Ubuntu membership is having a
wiki page that documents Ubuntu contributions. Without edit rights to
the wiki you can't create that page :(

I think at minimum the following, once all the necessary procedures have
been implemented, are required:

 * An email to the ubuntu-doc and the ubuntu-community-team mailing
 lists by someone that can post in an *official* capacity.
 * A copy of that email posted to fridge.ubuntu.com, which will
 automatically get posted to planet.ubuntu.com
 * Including the above post in the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter
 * Which also gets posted to the Ubuntu Forums

I've seen suggestions that we shouldn't post too widely any revised
requirements to posting to the wikis. I disagree. We should any
requirements widely but have *bullet-proof* procedures for allowing
edits. rights.
--
Paul White
PaulW2U at ubuntu.com