[desktop] ubuntu-docs branch ready for yakkety

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Sun Jun 19 17:53:40 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 7:27 AM, Gunnar Hjalmarsson <gunnarhj at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> The stable release update of the 16.04 desktop guide, including
> translations, is now completed. This changelog shows an overview of the
> changes:
>
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/16.10.1
>
> The web version at <https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help> has been
> updated (thanks Doug!), while it will take a few more weeks before the
> changes have made it into the ubuntu-docs package in xenial-updates.
>
> With this the Bazaar branch lp:ubuntu-docs is ready for the 16.10
> editing. There are three months left before "DocumentationStringFreeze"
> on September 15.

Thanks for announcing this, Gunnar. I've added this announcement to
the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter so the broader community is made aware of
the ability to edit this documentation now.

It occurred to me when summarizing this post for the newsletter, that
it would be helpful to also include a reminder link on to how to edit
this documentation, so new comers not only know what this link means,
but how to submit merge proposals to the documentation. So here you
go: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/SystemDocumentation/UbuntuDesktopGuide
(thanks to everyone who keeps this page updated)