help.ubuntu.com/community/BootFromCD

Svetlana Belkin belkinsa at ubuntusense.com
Thu May 8 11:47:59 UTC 2014

On 05/08/2014 05:09 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
> Hi :)
> In essence it's just a text-editor.  It does allow fancy things such
> coding brackets and inserting images but all those are a bit advanced
> for a first time.
>
> However, many people just add in text and then let others work out where
> to apply coding.  Your odt document makes that kinda easy.  For my first
> several efforts i just used text in the wiki-edits.  alter on i went to
> some pages to do the mark-up but found others had often already done it
> for me so i went on to do the mark-up for other people's and as i went i
> saw how other people had handled different issues.
>
> The main thing though is to just add the contents as plain text and try
> to make it easy for the coders who follow.

Indeed, wiki-editing is very easy because it's just some form of
markdown where that markdown gets translated into what you see on the
page.  This page has the information:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WikiGuide
--
Svetlana Belkin A.K.A: belkinsa
Member of: LoCo Contacts, Ubuntu Doc Team, Ubuntu Ohio, Ubuntu Women