[Desktop] What's new in Ubuntu 14.04?

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 17 03:31:40 UTC 2014

Thanks for your feedback, Neal!

On 2014-03-17 04:07, Neal McBurnett wrote:
> I was confused by this text, unsure what it meant:
>   "Support added for scaling Unity on a per-monitor basis"

To be honest, so am I. ;-)

I got it from Stephen, who also provided this info:

"... for those of use who have high-DPI displays. Again, there's a
slider in the Ubuntu Control Center to adjust the scaling for each
monitor.  Without this scaling finding the window close button (not to
mention reading text) on a 300 pixels-per-inch display is difficult at
best."

However, I don't have a multiple monitor setup, so I can't really check
out the feature.

> So I suggest saying more about that topic, employing easily searchable
> terms in ways which will make sense to 12.04 users, and adding a link
> for more info.

Sounds reasonable. But then someone has to write that page with more info...

Stephen, please help! ;-)

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj