[ Dekstop Help ] First Contributions - Lesson Learned

Doug Smythies dsmythies at telus.net
Fri Jan 31 23:44:23 UTC 2014

Some work has been done on some of the references
given.

I make no claim that they are now great and wonderful.
I only make the claim that they are much less wrong than
before.

Please review and continue to make changes.

On 2014.01.12 01:35 Greg Beam wrote:

> Core Reference:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/SystemDocumentation

> While the Wiki Home and Join sections are important, the focus of my
> comments today are on System Documentation Tabs.

> - Tasks Tab:
> ------------
> * The last update was in 2012. I found the current task list through
> talking with team members in IRC ubuntu-docs.

Has been re-worked, basically now pointing to the current task list
areas for Desktop help and Serverguide. Xubuntu doesn't have such a list.

> - Repository Tab:
> -----------------
> * This page needs an overhaul. It uses Natty and Karmic as examples, and
> points users to Apps >> Accessories >> Terminal. That should have
> sounded alarm bells, but it didn't. Blunder #1 on my part. ...

Has been re-worked.

> - Editing TAB:
> --------------
> * If the way forward is Mallard for Desktop Help, we need to overhaul
> this page completely.

Has been re-worked.

> - Checking TAB:
> * Same problem here, it is not setup for Mallard. The build instructions
> do not work at all as stated.

Has been re-worked.

> - Submitting TAB:

Has been re-worked.

- Building TAB:

Was not mentioned, but I have been updating that page as
required for a couple of cycles now.