[wiki] PopularPages - recommended update to F page

Leigh Tate leigh.tate at linuxmail.org
Mon Apr 21 11:56:01 UTC 2014

Tom, I agree with your assessment of FireWire https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FireWire  and Firewire / combined https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Firewire/combined . Since all the Firewire pages have been edited by the same person, it seems reasonable that they had a specific plan in mind. I'm guessing the subpages were once linked to the original FireWire page but were replaced with the internal links(?).

My function has been check individual pages and move as needed to the PopularPages sandbox (To Be Reviewed https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PopularPages/ToBeReviewed ). It tidies up PopularPages https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PopularPages  until someone with the appropriate expertise can deal with the moved pages. The Firewire pages have been the first in such a state and they puzzled me at first.

Here's what I propose. I can move the following to To Be Reviewed https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PopularPages/ToBeReviewed  -

To the unedited section:
Fedora Directory Server https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FedoraDirectoryServer&lang=en  (last edited 2012-01-26)
File Permissions ACLs https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FilePermissionsACLs&lang=en  (last edited 2012-01-18)
Firefox Plugins https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FirefoxPlugins&lang=en  (last edited 2011-05-30)
Fluxbox https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Fluxbox&lang=en  (last edited 2011-04-08)
FireWire / old Pages / Firewire 01 https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FireWire/oldPages/Firewire01&lang=en
FireWire / old Pages / Firewire 02 https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FireWire/oldPages/Firewire02&lang=en

FireWire / old Pages / Firewire 03 https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FireWire/oldPages/Firewire03&lang=en
To the no longer supported section:
Firebird 2.0 https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Firebird2.0&lang=en
Firebird 2.1 https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Firebird2.1&lang=en
Leave the remaining Firewire pages on PopularPages F https://help.ubuntu.com/community/F&lang=en :
FireWire / Digital Audio https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FireWire/DigitalAudio&lang=en

FireWire / Digital Audio / Older Releases https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FireWire/DigitalAudio/OlderReleases&lang=en

FireWire / Digital Video https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FireWire/DigitalVideo&lang=en

FireWire / dvgrab https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FireWire/dvgrab&lang=en

FireWire / Ethernet https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FireWire/Ethernet&lang=en

FireWire / Glossary https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FireWire/Glossary&lang=en
It would be nice to have them all properly linked to a parent page, but that's outside my particular goal, which is to help keep the PopularPages up to date and easy to use.

Leigh