Unsupported Wiki Page Suggested Format (Idea)

Jonathan Aquilina eagles051387 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 23:05:29 UTC 2013

This is actually directed at the docs team. Is it possible for the docs for
14.04 to be a bit more user friendly. i was looking at the LDAP
documentation in the server guide for 12.04 and i was petrified and totally
los. I feel that some of the pages are designed in such a way as to scare
people off.

https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/openldap-server.html

the above should be simple enough to ge ta simple working LDAP server going.

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 9:45 PM, Tom Davies <tomdavies04 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi :)
> I like it in general.
>
> Tucking the older stuff slightly out of the way but keeping it fairly easy
> to reach makes sense.  Of course there are some pages that would be far
> tooo long that way and might be better as 2 separate pages, perhaps the
> older one being a sub-page.  Sometimes it might be largely the same for
> both pre and post but with 1 big difference or lots of tiny slight
> changes.  So i am not sure a "1 size fits all" would really fit but i
> suspect that this idea does fit a large number of the pages and is a good
> idea for those.
>
> Regards from
> Tom :)

Jonathan Aquilina