Suggestion

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 21:02:44 UTC 2013

Hey there,

John Kim wrote:

> For the second one, as for me, I would love to learn coding and
> markup for docbook and wiki, but I haven't really found the
> appropriate training or mentorship yet. The experienced ones
> usually take care of that, when they are active, of course. I only
> wish they could make their expertise available and open
> opportunities for such technical tasks.

Since you already got wiki advice, I thought I'd add that the best way
to learn DocBook is from DocBook: The Definitive Guide, which you can
find here:

http://www.docbook.org/tdg/

The version you learn will depend on the version used by whichever
project you're working on, unless you're hard-core, in which case you
won't be learning just one! (:

I totally agree with Tom Davies that one of the best ways to learn is
to look at how others do things. Any time you see anything that
catches your eye and you wonder how it was done, edit or view source
on the page or document and pick apart what they did to figure out
how it works.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.