Get final merges in to Ubuntu Docs

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 13 16:08:30 UTC 2013

Kevin,

The MP route is not optional it is a convention of open source development
and a process in Ubuntu that all teams follow.

This is not something we can ignore. This was not something was ignored any
previous cycle even when Jeremy was reviewing all the MP's single handedly.

On Sep 12, 2013 8:46 PM, "Kevin Godby" <godbyk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Stephen.
>
> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 10:11 PM, Stephen M. Webb
> <stephen.webb at canonical.com> wrote:
> > I respectfully disagree.  I have never worked on a project that is not
short of time and people.  The "get as much done
> > as possible" has to include following the proper steps to make sure a
second set of eyes reviews every change.

> > The engineering side of Ubuntu has spent the last few cycles ensuring
quality of the technical side of the project
> > through processes such as mandatory peer reviews of all changes and
extensive automated testing.  It would be a shame if
> > the documemntation side did not reflect that.
> >
> > Everyone involved needs to take the time to review some merge proposals
at least for grammar and spelling.  It's not an