Get final merges in to Ubuntu Docs

Stephen M. Webb stephen.webb at canonical.com
Fri Sep 13 03:11:43 UTC 2013

On 09/12/2013 10:45 PM, Kevin Godby wrote:

> Right now, though, we're short on manpower and short on time—both
> necessary for managing merge proposals. So for the remainder of the
> 13.10 cycle, I think we should continue pushing ahead and trying to
> get as much done as possible as quickly as possible.

I respectfully disagree.  I have never worked on a project that is not short of time and people.  The "get as much done
as possible" has to include following the proper steps to make sure a second set of eyes reviews every change.

The engineering side of Ubuntu has spent the last few cycles ensuring quality of the technical side of the project
through processes such as mandatory peer reviews of all changes and extensive automated testing.  It would be a shame if
the documemntation side did not reflect that.

Everyone involved needs to take the time to review some merge proposals at least for grammar and spelling.  It's not an
onerous task.

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen.webb at canonical.com>