Documentation system requirements

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 9 23:33:21 UTC 2013

If this is something you wanted to do as your own project then go for
it, but I do not think Canonical is going to invest time or
infrastructure into something like this. We already use Launchpad for
revision control and it works quite nicely.

To build a platform from the ground up seems like a lot of work not to
say that it cannot be done but in the past we looked at other
platforms like SUMO which have hundreds of Mozilla Developers working
on it and found it to not be the right fit.

The problem lies in that there has not been one solution to harness
all the things.

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM, Jonathan Aquilina
<eagles051387 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking at spear heading a development project that will involve the
> creation of a single document management system where we can track versions
> of pages as well as images / screen shots.
>
> The end goal will be to consolidate all forms of documentation onto a single
> framework.
>
> I am aware of already existing solutions, but the problem is that they
> probably do not meet the requirements set out by canonical or are not mature
> enough yet.
>
> The question is what would you guys want in such a system? In a way a web
> based platform has already been decided as I was informed by a canonical
> staff member that the framework I had in mind is quite widely used by
> canonical in a number of projects.
>
> Looking forward to the feed back.
>
> --
> Jonathan Aquilina

Benjamin Kerensa
http://benjaminkerensa.com
"I am what I am because of who we all are" - Ubuntu