Yelp files vs. .page files

John Kim johnkim.ubuntu at gmail.com
Mon May 20 14:09:55 UTC 2013

Hello,

First of all, I'm noticing that the ubuntu-docs package holds not only
documentation bugs but also package bugs as well. It can get really
confusing because dealing with different types of issues simultaneously
isn't helpful, but a triaging initiative in the near future may fix
this.

As a contributor, I need to have a good eye for what bugs need work and
what can be trashed.  Many bugs are outdated, and others, I have
trouble determining its relevance. Simply, intuition can be more
obstructive than helpful, so until I'm confident, I don't .  Can
anybody give me some tips on prioritizing?

I have few questions regarding this bug.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+bug/657751

I learned that yelp is the gnome documentation viewer for the Ubuntu
desktop. But, to what extent does the doc team manage yelp files? If
the content is on help.ubuntu.com (the .pages), it's probably also in
yelp files.

The mentioned links in the report, found in the Community Wiki, are
currently candidates for deletion.  Should anything be done to fix them
now?

Thanks,

John Kim