Historical questions

Doug Smythies dsmythies at telus.net
Sun May 19 18:05:55 UTC 2013

Matt: Thanks very much for your reply.

On 2103.05.19 10:26 Matthew East wrote:

> The doc.ubuntu.com site hasn't been used for several releases as I
> guess is obvious from the age of the material there. The way that it
> used to work was that Canonical gave a few of us shell access to the
> server and we had some scripts which automatically updated the website
> with an html of the documents, for use as a preview site during the
> development releases. What to do with the site now is up to the team,
> but I would keep things simple and get rid of it.

O.K. if there are no objections, I will try to make it disappear.
In that case, I will want to do as I did in the 13.04 cycle and add
a preliminary 13.10 section to help.ubuntu.com.

> In terms of how to access it, I'm afraid that someone will need to
> liaise with the Canonical sysadmins, I haven't been able to access the
> server for ages and I don't know anyone else who would be able to
> either.

I actually have no clue how to liaise with Canonical sysadmins, but
I will try to figure it out (probably ask Peter Matulis for help).

> I can't remember what docteam.ubuntu.com was for. Googling for it I
> see emails from myself from 2005, I strongly suspect that it was a
> previous version of doc.ubuntu.com (so in other words, it can be
> retired).

O.K. will try to make that one disappear also.

... Doug