Historical questions

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Fri May 17 15:54:26 UTC 2013

The wiki stuff is easy, the doc.u.c is something I'm not aware of and in
fact, never even seen before. As for the wiki, the <<Include>> function
just links to another page. So if you edit the
/DocumentationTeam/MeetingBanner [1] page it will show up everywhere it's
linked. For more information check out the Macros help page [2]. Hope that
helps at least for one of the questions.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/MeetingBanner
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HelpOnMacros

On 18 May 2013 01:44, Doug Smythies <dsmythies at telus.net> wrote:

> With talk of a meeting coming up, does anybody know
> how to edit the meeting banner? It currently says
> June 12th, but is actually referring to 2011, so I
> commented it out. See the code for [4], in particular
> this line:
> <<Include(DocumentationTeam/MeetingBanner)>>
>
> It seems that there used to be a development site
> at [1]. It does not seem to have been used lately.
> However, some content seems to be auto-updated daily.
> A couple of weeks before 13.04 was released I made a
> preliminary 13.04 pages on help.ubuntu.com, and I was
> thinking that same, but even earlier for 13.10. But
> it seems preliminary or development work should be at
> [1] and under the larger picture of [2].
> How does one modify the files at [1] and [2]?
> [2] needs to be updated or deleted. (recall the
> new person from March that ended up at [2] only adding
> to her confusion.)
>
> There seems to be a default apache page at [3].
> Such a URL was last referred to on this list
> on 2007.09.16. I assume this is some legacy web page.
> The various sub pages from the archives seem to give
> server errors, such as:
>
> "Warning: require_once(/srv/canonical-farm/docteam/wp-config.php)
> [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or
> directory in /srv/canonical-farm/www/wp-config.php on line 15
>
> Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening
> required '/srv/canonical-farm/docteam/wp-config.php'
> (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear')
> in /srv/canonical-farm/www/wp-config.php on line 15"
>
> Can anyone confirm [3] is not used anymore?
>
> [1] http://doc.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
> [2] http://doc.ubuntu.com/
> [3] http://docteam.ubuntu.com/
> [4] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam