Documentation availability on install of ubuntu

Simon Ball simon.ball3 at ntlworld.com
Sat Aug 24 10:30:34 UTC 2013

Good morning,

I adore Ubuntu :-)

The only snag is that none of my friends either want to try gnu linux of
any flavour
or have actually heard of it or how to install and use it.
Even when told it is free for life!
Even when I offer to do it for free too!
Even when shown how quick it is too boot and update!
Even when shown how little is required to keep it running with Bleachbit!

They are suspicious of software that could be a great way for them to
learn new
skills etc.

This bug is still very much in evidence:

The only people I know who use it
are advanced computer users with years
of experience who aren't worried about
'getting their hands dirty with their pc'.

I think the installer is lovely, especially on a pc
with no operating system.

But a person with no knowledge of computers
will go straight to a store with a pc with windows on it.

Even after a recommendation of GNU Linux!
How did we get to this situation....?

Kind regards
Simon Ball

Luton