Ubuntu Council and supporting Phil

Kevin Godby godbyk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 03:07:52 UTC 2013

Hello, Elizabeth.

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 9:47 PM, Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph
<lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Right, so the final step is to change the Owner, which is the role the
> CC currently fills. The Owner has slightly more privileges than
> regular Administrators:
>
> "Administrator: Can add, approve or reject members. They can subscribe
> the team to bugs, branches, and blueprints.
>
> Owner: The owner can change the team's description and membership
> rules, and appoint team admins. The owner is also an administrator by
> default, but can choose to leave the team."
>
> Via: https://help.launchpad.net/Teams/CreatingAndRunning#What_team_membership_means
>
>> Now, we should not confuse "administrator" with "leader".
>
> You're right, I've been conflating the two and that's a mistake.
>
>> Elizabeth: In my opinion, if the CC wants, it could remove itself from
>> the doc-committer team right now. However, and since your are already
>> acting as the liaison, maybe it would make sense for you to stay on as
>> a doc-committer admin for as long as you want. It means you would still
>> get the tons of e-mails, but at least the entire CC wouldn't.
>
> If others on the doc team are comfortable with this it's fine by me.

I'm okay with it.

I think as long as the owner is responsive to any special requests
(changing the team's description, membership rules, etc.), then it's
not a big deal who holds that position.  If the owner wants to step
down, he/she should anoint one of the remaining admins to be the
owner.

For the most part, the admins can handle the day-to-day administration tasks.

—Kevin