Ubuntu Council and supporting Phil

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 19 02:47:57 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Doug Smythies <dsmythies at telus.net> wrote:
> I thought we had a transition plan, that was already partly implemented.
> Benjamin, Kevin, and myself were made administrators of the doc committers
> group. The doc committers group "owns" the doc contributors group, so that
> part is done. And doesn't that mean that us three also have "keys" to
> the team?

Right, so the final step is to change the Owner, which is the role the
CC currently fills. The Owner has slightly more privileges than
regular Administrators:

"Administrator: Can add, approve or reject members. They can subscribe
the team to bugs, branches, and blueprints.

Owner: The owner can change the team's description and membership
rules, and appoint team admins. The owner is also an administrator by
default, but can choose to leave the team."

Via: https://help.launchpad.net/Teams/CreatingAndRunning#What_team_membership_means

> Now, we should not confuse "administrator" with "leader".

You're right, I've been conflating the two and that's a mistake.

> Elizabeth: In my opinion, if the CC wants, it could remove itself from
> the doc-committer team right now. However, and since your are already
> acting as the liaison, maybe it would make sense for you to stay on as
> a doc-committer admin for as long as you want. It means you would still
> get the tons of e-mails, but at least the entire CC wouldn't.

If others on the doc team are comfortable with this it's fine by me.

http://www.princessleia.com