Ubuntu Council and supporting Phil

Tom Davies tomdavies04 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Aug 17 17:58:39 UTC 2013

Hi :)
2 people is actually quite impressive.  Doug you did a great job there.  Pleia was good in support.

I think the problem was that it was unclear what we were supposed to be saying or asking for or what.  Perhaps next time we could have 2 or 3 things planned and then try to restrict to just those points.  If we are able to take part again within 3 months then it might be easier to plan.

I think we got too caught-up in the idea of needing a single leader.  At the moment people seem to be doing good work without even having a formal leader.

The "Getting Started Guide" page seems to be done even though people might still have good ideas for other things that could be done with it.

Does anyone know how to make a formal announcement that could reach complete noobs who haven't been caught up in other things but might be feeling like they want to repay the community somehow?  ... or to reach out to people in other teams?  An informal note on a Users Mailing List or forum or something might be a better plan for reaching people.

Regards from
Tom :)