Ubuntu Documentation - Getting Started

Doug Smythies dsmythies at telus.net
Fri Aug 16 00:45:08 UTC 2013

Hi again Everybody,

I finally went through the web page twice,
following the instructions and using a two fresh
VM computers.

And I made some edits (on both the new location and the old
location) to the web page.

John also made an edit to both page locations a few days ago.

Assertion: You do not need GPG keys to be a documentation
contributor.

Proof: On the second VM, I never installed the gnupg package
and never created or uploaded a GPG key and didn't have any
issues. Only the SSH key is required.

This is good news.
Why? Because, myself, I find the GPG key stuff to be a big pain.
The GPG stuff is why I almost gave up when I first tried to help
with this stuff. And it was just about as painful today, but
I did figure it out, and made edits to the web page (before
I figured out that GPG keys are not even needed in the first
place).

... Doug