Quantal documentation string freeze in effect

Pierre Slamich pierre.slamich at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 16:06:03 UTC 2012

Hi,
I don't quite get why ubuntu-docs translations is not synced and consistant
either with LP ubuntu-docs nor with gnome-user-docs.

If we take French as an example:
- Upstream GNOME is 97% finished (
http://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/gnome-user-docs/master/gnome-help/fr)
- The package in Quantal is said to be 100% finished (
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/quantal/+source/ubuntu-docs)
 - The Launchpad Ubuntu Docs project (that is supposedly linked with the
former) is 86% finished (
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu-docs/quantal)

I've found the beginning of an explanation at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+bug/970890 but it's
still not completely clear to me.

Has someone an explanation and/or a fix for this ?

Cheers,
Pierre

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 11:33 PM, Jeremy Bicha <jbicha at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Following the revised Release Schedule, Documentation String Freeze is
> now in effect for Ubuntu 12.10 "Quantal Quetzal".
>
> Translations have been opened for ubuntu-docs on Launchpad (opened
> since Friday actually, but now the strings are frozen). Thanks Matthew
> for setting that up again. If I remember correctly, we have fewer
> changed strings than the last few ubuntu-docs releases.
>
> I was not able to finish the ubuntu-doc screenshots yet but I will
> send another email when the screenshots are finalized later this week.
>
> The translation deadline for Quantal is on Tuesday October 9 at 10:30 UTC.
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QuantalQuetzal/ReleaseSchedule
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationStringFreeze
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TranslationDeadline
> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu-docs/quantal/